Declaration of Faith
- in the verbal inspiration of the Bible
- in one God eternally existing in three persons; namely, the Father, Son and Holy Ghost
- that Jesus Christ is the only begotten Son of the Father, conceived of the Holy Ghost, and born of the virgin Mary
- that Jesus was crucified, buried, and raised from the dead
- that He ascended to heaven and is today at the right hand of the Father as the Intercessor
- that all have sinned and come short of the glory of God and that repentance is commanded of God for all and necessary for forgiveness of sins
- that justification, regeneration, and the new birth are wrought by faith in the blood of Jesus Christ
- in sanctification subsequent to the new birth, through faith in the blood of Christ; through the Word, and by the Holy Ghost
- holiness to be God’s standard of living for His people
- in the baptism with the Holy Ghost subsequent to a clean heart
- in speaking with other tongues as the Spirit gives utterance and that it is the initial evidence of the baptism in the Holy Ghost
- in water baptism by immersion, and all who repent should be baptized in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost
- divine healing is provided for all in the Atonement
- in the Lord’s Supper and washing of the saints’ feet
- in the pre-millennial second coming of Jesus: first, to resurrect the righteous dead and to catch away the living saints to Him in the air; second, to reign on the earth a thousand years
- in the bodily resurrection; eternal life for the righteous, and eternal punishment for the wicked.
The Church of God World Missions in Africa is committed and dedicated:
- To preach the Gospel in the power of Pentecost, with the compassion of Christ reaching the unreached in urban centers and in remote villages without discrimination.
- To minister in the Spirit of Christ as Servants and not lords to people on all levels of social standing, including the needy, the destitute and marginalized, not neglecting the orphaned and widows.
- To point the lost to Calvary to find salvation in Jesus Christ.
- To teach every believer to become and live as a disciple of Jesus.
- To equip believers to find their God given and assigned place in His Kingdom and harvest field, ministering in the fullness of His Spirit.
- Above all to glorify God and uplift the Name of Jesus Christ to whom all glory and praise belongs.
- To present the Gospel in the Power of Pentecost, and in the Spirit of servanthood, with relevance for the African context of the 21st century.
- To emulate the ministry of Christ by reaching out to the lost, the sick, the bound and socially disadvantaged with His compassion, love and His empowerment.
- To strive towards financial self-reliance as partners in ministry and vision with Church of God World Missions.
- To present and live the Gospel as a contrast society, thereby addressing social and economic challenges, such as tribal and social discrimination as well as corruption on all levels.
- To be dedicated and committed to bring in the end-time harvest at all cost, by equipping and training believers and leaders for ministry through the God given leadership ministries given to His Church; thus ministering to the need of man on all levels.
- To remain true to our Pentecostal and holiness heritage while implementing our mission and pursuing our vision.
- To specifically target the Urban Centers of Africa for church planting, without neglecting to evangelize the rural areas.
- To follow and implement a strong church planting program set up by the Africa council and the Regional councils.
- To be committed to the training and equipping of leaders, pastors, children ministry workers, youth ministers, women’s ministry leaders, chaplains and leaders for any upcoming future ministry, through all possible avenues of ministerial training, thereby striving for academic excellence and spiritual formation and transformation through encounters with a Holy and merciful God.
Find out how you can get involved?
The work of CoGWM – Africa can be supported by prayer!
For those who would like to support this ministry financially, can do so by sending their donations to Church of God World Missions –
Project: African Harvest #73 10273